Motlow Ladies Philanthropic Society Scholarship
The MLPS Scholarship is a last dollar scholarship for non-traditional female students.
- Applicant must have a regular high school diploma or GED diploma.
- Applicant must meet all requirements for admission to Motlow State Community College.
- Applicant must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) through Financial Aid at Motlow College and include the report with the application.
- Preference will be given to applicant who resides in the Motlow eleven (11) county service area.
- Applicant must a female.
- Applicant must be a non-traditional student, i.e. 25 years of age or older.
- Applicant with previous college history must have an immediate prior term GPA and cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher and must maintain 2.5 or higher to receive future consideration for eligibility.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time (12 hours per semester for Fall and Spring and 6 or more hours for Summer term while on the scholarship).
- Applicant must have completed at least 50% of the GPS degree requirement.
- Recommendation letter from Motlow Faculty or Staff member who is familiar with student’s financial need must accompany the application and must relate details of known financial need.
MLPS will NOT fund amounts due for a prior semester expenses.
- Scholarship will be awarded each semester as funding is available.
- Scholarship committee will only consider funding classes that are required for the declared degree or required for transfer to a four-year university.
- Reapplication is required for each semester. Continuation of the award is not guaranteed.
Scholarship Selection Committee:
- Director of Financial Aid or designee
- Director of the Motlow College Foundation or designee
- Director of Student Success or designee
- Treasurer of the Motlow College Foundation
- Varies by recipient
- Supplemental Questions
- What is your anticipated graduation date?
- For which term are asking for funding? Please mark one. Note: Reapplication is required each semester if additional funding is needed.
- Please indicate for which funds you are applying. Check all that apply.
- For expenses other than tuition and books, please indicate amount including itemization.
- For tuition and books only, please indicate amount.
- Please write a detailed explanation for your need for the MLPS Scholarship.
- What are your regular responsibilities (family, work, other)?
- What are your future plans? Please be specific about your career plans.
- What other information will further tell your story?
- Why should Motlow College invest in your education and future?
- Please provide a recommendation letter from a Motlow Faculty or Staff member who is familiar with your financial need and can relate any details of known financial need.
- Show 4 more