Ashley-Underwood Teacher Preparation Scholarship
The Tennessee Alpha Pi Chapter of the The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International awards this annual scholarship to an eligible Motlow College student in memory of two special women, Mrs. Bertha Ashley and Mrs. Nancy Underwood, who were longtime educators in the Manchester and Coffee County school systems. Throughout their many years of membership in Delta Kappa Gamma, both were recognized for their numerous contributions to education and the Alpha Pi Chapter.
- Applicant must be a female actively pursuing an associate’s degree in teacher preparation/education at any campus of Motlow State Community College. Students who have completed such a degree in teacher preparation/education will not be eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicant must have completed at least 24 semester hours of credit in collegiate-level courses with a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA in collegiate-level courses at the time of application.
- Scholarship will be awarded annually by August 7 as funding is available.
- Eligible students may apply for this scholarship each year, but scholarship recipients are eligible to receive the scholarship only one time.
- To receive scholarship funds, the recipient must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours at Motlow State Community College toward the selected degree program in either the next fall term or spring term. The total award amount of $500 may be used for multiple terms until depleted.
- Transcript(s) of all college work must accompany the completed application along with a recommendation letter from a Motlow faculty or staff member who is familiar with the applicant’s commitment to becoming an educator.
Note: The scholarship recipient will be selected by the Alpha Pi Scholarship Committee and will be recognized at the November chapter meeting.
- Supplemental Questions
- Why should Alpha Pi Chapter invest in your education and future?
- Why did you chose education and what are your future educational plans and ultimate goal for career satisfaction?
- In what instructional level and subject area are you most interested? Explain why.
- Please upload/submit ALL college transcripts.
- A letter of recommendation from a Motlow faculty or staff member who is familiar with your commitment to becoming an educator is required in order to be considered for this scholarship.